SAP installations may require graphical tools to be operated on the target server.
- xrdp uses vnc
- vnc uses X11 and window managers
AWS SUSE installations come by default without a GNOME desktop environment. The following commands will install a GNOME desktop and an xrdp service to connect to the systems:
# zypper install -t pattern gnome-basic # zypper install xrdp
Enable VNC Remote Login
- Start yast
- Select " Network Services"
- Select first entry "Remote Administration with VNC"
- Enable service
Configure Window Manager to use Gnome
- Edit file /etc/sysconfig/windowmanager
- Change entry DEFAULT_WM="" to DEFAULT_WM="gnome"
Startup the RDP service and make it start automatically after Reboot
These commands need to be executed with the sudo command from the ec2-user.
# service xrdp start # chkconfig --set xrdp on
# systemctl start xrdp # systemctl enable xrdp